FIELD SERVICE SUPERVISOR – STIMULATION – WILLISTON, ND
US LAND PRESSURE PUMPING product line increases access to
proven reserves, improving asset value and ROI. We’re the pressure
pumping experts with the reliable resources and guidance. During the
well life, our service ensures zonal isolation of the critical producing
zones while protecting precious groundwater. After cementing, you can
count on superior well integrity, which is critical for asset and
environmental protection. We’ve integrated coiled-tubing services with
downhole tool technology to perform multistage stimulation treatments
for rapid ROI while minimizing wellsite footprint and reducing
environmental impact. This includes: Hydraulic Fracturing; Cementing
Services; Coiled Tubing Services; Acidizing Services and Sand Control
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coordinates and supervises activities of service or technical
personnel via personnel assignments, job or project management,
administration and technical support.
- Managing personnel, equipment, and product to meet customer requirements.
- Oversee field personnel related issues to include vacations, timesheets, and scheduling.
- Responsible for multiple products/services in a multiple legal entities.
- Monitors daily progress of jobs and projects.
- Works independently under general supervision, requiring normal guidance and review.
- Provides technical guidance and work direction to field staff.
- Will handle special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in an oilfield operations.
- 3 - 5 years experience as Stimulation (Frac) Service Supervisor
- Knowledge of fracturing equipment and how it operates/how to troubleshoot when a problem arises.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Safety oriented and has the ability to successfully lead a crew of 15 - 20 people.
- Background in scheduling crews and filling in for Operations Supervisor, when needed.
- Thorough understanding of product line(s)/service(s) in an operational area or district.
- Thorough understanding of customer requirements.
- Thorough understanding of processes and procedures of the operating area.
- Possess the ability to utilize skills, knowledge and techniques in problem recognition and solution development.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in the use of PC’s.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong ability to use highly specialized and advanced skills,
knowledge, and techniques in problem recognition and solution
- Requires extensive field travel, some overnight travel to be expected
- May work in the dirt/rig sites; wearing PPE/HSE attire
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE
policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products,
technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By
being the service company that best anticipates, understands and
exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir
Performance. The company's 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80
countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill,
produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes'
technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the
boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker
Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses,
maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through
the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the
foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops
next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation,
completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer