Posted on: 11-Sep-2013
Reply to: http://www.marathonoil.com/Careers/
Bookmark this: Add
HES Professional - Construction Job
Date: Sep 3, 2013
Location: Dunn Center, ND, US
Req ID: 2223
This position provides direct safety professional support for the Bakken Asset Team, Construction Operations. This position will be located in the Dickinson, North Dakota office so as to provide primary support to construction operations around Dunn Center and New Town. The selected safety professional will support this Operation by applying technical health, safety and risk mitigation knowledge, assisting Operations with implementation of health and safety processes and initiatives, coaching to improve safety leadership and integrity of safety processes, providing consistent guidance on safety related issues, and promoting knowledge sharing with other Marathon business components.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More information about this job:|
This position will provide Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) support to the Worldwide Drilling & Completions organization. Position is based in Dickinson, ND. The successful candidate will be expected to spend approximately 50% of his/her time in the field. Some travel could be required other domestic locations and to the Houston office. This position will be responsible for a wide range of HES guidance and coaching support to drilling & completions personnel, management, and contractors.
1) Provide coaching to contractor and Marathon Drilling and/or Completions Supervisors on well site locations. Measure compliance with Marathon standards and policies to drive improvement.
2) Assisting Worldwide Drilling & Completions organization with applicable HES permitting and regulatory issues. Examples include US EPA National PollutantDischarge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management regulatory requirements, US Coast Guard requirements, as well as any applicable HES requirements for international locations.
3) Conducting evaluations of drilling & completions contractor HES programs and performance as compared to Marathon programs/expectations.
4) Hiring, training and supervising field HES technicians to support field operations
5) Monitoring daily HES drilling reports to identify HES concerns on drilling rigs under contract to Marathon.
6) Performing incident investigations for Worldwide Drilling & Completions operations
7) Conducting HES training, providing HES technical support and guidance to Worldwide Drilling & Completions personnel.
8) Assisting with tracking and monitoring of HES statistics for the Worldwide Drilling & Completions organization.
9) Travel to operating and project sites as necessary and work with employees and contractors to attain project HES goals.
10) Providing Industrial Hygiene support for Worldwide Drilling & Completions operations
Degree: Bachelors degree required
Major Discipline: Health, Environmental or Safety, Legal or Engineering-oriented field
Years Experience Required: 5 years or more preferred
Travel Required (%): 50
Certifications: None required, but any professional HES Certifications (e.g., ASP, CSP, CIH, PE, etc) preferred
|Apply for this job:|