The HSE Professional provides support and guidance for a specific area to ensure that the Company's objectives are achieved in the areas of safety, training, and environmental concerns. This includes providing assistance and instruction to all levels of management and employees in their efforts to reduce the frequency and severity of personal injuries, motor vehicles accidents, property damage losses, and environmental releases. This position helps plan, develop, implement and monitor programs to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and all local, state, and federal regulations. The HSE Professional supports operations in all safety and environmental training requirements.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Champions and promotes safe work habits.
- Conduct internal company audits regarding compliance, local, State, and Federal.
- Knowledge of general safety, training and environmental concepts, standards and practices.
- Drive a company vehicle to and from various locations to conduct investigations and provide any other necessary training and guidance.
- Basic understanding of all applicable government laws, regulations and reporting procedures, such as OSHA, DOT, RCRA,EPA, ATF, DOE, NRC, and NDIC.
- Understanding of basic learning concepts, including training, goal setting, motivation, communication, and organization.
- Ability to comprehend the techniques of accident investigation and loss control.
- Basic knowledge of the oil well servicing industry related safety equipment, materials, and technology.
- Aids to ensure compliance with the company's DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a line of communications with operations management, customers, vendors, educational institutes, and professional organizations.
- Conducts training sessions on a scheduled basis to ensure proper and adequate trained workforce. Conducts drills to ensure understanding and comprehension of training.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the immediate supervisor.
- Reports to the HSE Director and must have a sound working relationship with all management and supervisory positions in their designated area.
- Frequent contact and coordination with local staff groups and field locations as well as customers.
- Maintain a direct line of responsibility to the District Operations Manager and Regional HSE department
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Work schedule will require the ability to respond to calls before/after hours and on weekends.
- May require occasional exposure to irregular terrains, extreme temperatures, heights, and nose.Must be computer proficient with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must adhere to company policies and work requirements.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to travel and work in the field 75% of the time.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent; at least 2 years of relevant industry experience.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver's license; ability to obtain a valid passport.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.