Land Administration | North Dakota, ND
Job Title: Landman III
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With no supervision and total independent accountability, either directly or through the use and supervision of independent contractors, perform the following:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- With no supervision and total independent accountability, either directly or through the use and supervision of independent contractors, perform the following:
- Determine title to prospective lands, availability for leasing and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Acquire interests in prospective lands by leasing directly from landowners or via negotiating agreements with industry competitors.
- Advise lease records department of acquisitions and ensure the particulars of the acquired interests are accurately set up in the system for maintenance and accounting.
- Either directly or through use and supervision of outside attorneys, perform whatever actions are reasonably necessary to confirm title and otherwise protect the Company's interest prior to commencement of drilling operations, including where necessary, obtaining title opinions for lands where wells are to be drilled and ensure that all necessary title curative is performed.
- Negotiate, draft and consummate all necessary agreements with third party participants to ensure payment of costs and proper operation of wells.
- Negotiate and enter into contracts related to the company's participation in wells drilled by other companies.
- Advise and continually update Accounting and Division Order Departments of information necessary to ensure that all billable expenditures are proper billed out and collected.
- Advise management and other departments of pertinent matters related to ownership of leases and drilling of well, i.e., who should receive information from wells, specific obligations contained in leases, etc.
- Either directly or through the use and supervision of outside attorneys, obtain necessary regulatory orders and approvals relating to drilling or producing wells or forced acquisition of interests.
- Provide attorneys with the information necessary for making applications in such regulatory matters and provide actual testimony in hearings.
- Provide the Division Order Department information necessary to ensure proper distribution and collection of revenue attributable to initial production from wells, such as post-completion title confirmation and information, including division order title opinions where applicable and providing particulars of all pertinent contracts and agreements.
- Be proactive in determining effective negotiating tactics and strategies, finding and developing prospective opportunities for Company participation and improving operating efficiencies and productivity.
- Effectively communicate with management as to all matters in an easily understood format.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college. Business Administration or Energy Management degree preferred.
- Five years experience as a Landman II with an active oil and gas exploration company.
AAPL Certified Petroleum Landman certification preferred.
« Back to Openings